_MG_7314

 

I have a thing for slouchy hats, so when I saw the Last Minute Slouch by Madelinetosh, I knew I had to make it. It’s been in my queue for months, but since it’s warm out and I won’t be needing it anytime soon, I just left it in the queue. I realized last week that I needed a break from all of the stockinette in my featherweight cardigan. I immediately combed through my queue looking for a quick project. The slouch was perfect!

It was a super fast knit! I finished it in less than 2 days. I chose Malabrigo merino in Pearl and Knit Picks Palette in Silver for my yarns, which I held double throughout. I got gauge on size 10 needles, but sized down to 9s for the ribbing. Even with doing that, I could have cast on fewer stitches. It’s a little loose. I opted to only knit 2.5 inches of ribbing before starting the pattern, and did an extra p2tog decrease round at the very end. I like the way it cinches better with fewer stitches.

_MG_7319

And I think this hat may have started a new obsession with broken rib stitch.


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________