I mentioned last week that I'm on track to knit a sweater a month this year (eek!). I'm not quite sure how that happened considering I only finished my first sweater 8 months ago. I have several knitting deadlines this month - a few tests and a gift - but I also don't want to break the streak.

To meet my goal I picked Ease from my queue. It's a simple top-down raglan pullover with lots of positive ease. I'm opting to do the cowl neck because it just sounds like something I want to snuggle up in. Like wearing a hug all day. I can already see this becoming my go-to lazy day sweater, to replace my decade old hoodie. At least this looks a little bit more polished if I need to run a quick errand.

AND I just found out there's a kids version. I promptly added that to my queue. Wouldn't it be cute to make the kids version for my little ones? Maybe we can all have matching sweaters, like one of those horribly tacky family Christmas cards where everyone is wearing the same ugly sweater. Except our sweaters won't be ugly.


I'm knitting it in Dream in Color Classy in the Charged Cherry colorway, which I purchased on my yarn tour a few weeks ago. I'm only a few rows in, but the Classy is fantastic to knit with. It's really sturdy, but soft and has incredible stitch definition. It would be amazing in a cabled sweater too.

So, that's what I'm up to (well, that I can talk about anyway).

Don't forget about the Colorblock KAL, we have a little over a week left. That's enough time to start (and likely finish) a shawl if you still want to join in! You don't have to finish to be entered for the prize - you just have to cast one and comment here to let me know what yarn you're using. 

Happy Friday and happy knitting!


One Comment

  1. That's a lovely sweater, and lovely yarn to go with it! Good luck finishing it in a month!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________