Or back to stitch one. Anything to make frogging an entire WIP sound better.

Last week I declared the war on charts to be officially over. I was clearly the victor, since I am no longer scared of them. Well, earlier this week I discovered that I made a pretty big error on my MadMay sweater, Window to my soul. I was almost finished with the raglan increases when I spotted said error on the second lace repeat. I decided to rip back to the mistake and fix it, since there was no way I was going to tink all.those.stitches. I fixed the mistake, but then inexplicably, my stitch counts were totally off. Like half a lace repeat off. I don't even know. 

So instead of trying to figure out what the heck went wrong, I just ripped the whole thing out. I probably spent less time doing that than figuring out the problem, and at least now I know it will be right. Re-knitting has gone a lot smoother this time. Probably because I am more familiar and comfortable with the lace pattern, having knit it so many times (trying to find a silver lining here). I also learned this handy trick for knitting the smocking stitch. I'm especially thrilled with this little technique because I really don't like cable needles.


Well played charts, well played. You may have won this one, but I will conquer in the end.


2 Comments

  1. Oh, my heart sank to my stomach as I read this. :( Tricky little bugger. Waiting until your guard was down and hitting you with the sneak attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate that for you but I've done the same thing countless times. Sometimes it's more efficient to just start over than trying to fix a problem. Unfortunately, I don't think it ever gets any easier. Glad it went better this time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________