During a visit to my local yarn store, Natural Stitches, last week I saw a beautiful Featherweight cardigan on display. I had a chance to talk to the woman that knit it. Even though I’ve never knit a sweater, I was quickly convinced that it shouldn’t be too hard. After talking to her, I knew I wanted to make it longer than the pattern called for, and I want long sleeves. So, I picked out two skeins of Madelinetosh tosh lace in Steam Age (better to have too much, than not enough) and bought the pattern as soon as I got home.

I quickly finished Grace’s Cable Wrap, caked my yarn and cast on. I am so impatient when I get bitten by the new project bug.

I decided to cast on for the 35.25 inch size, knowing that the yarn will grow a bit. I did all of the raglan increases, picked up for the sleeves and knit a few rows of the back before I was brave enough to try it on. Much to my surprise it fit, and it fit well!

So far, she is right. It shouldn’t be too bad.

featherweight


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________