_MG_7037

I knew I wanted to knit Grace (my almost 6 month old) a sweater for this fall/winter. My mom knit her the Baby Cable Wrap when she was born. She wore it ALL THE TIME, so it was kind of a no-brainer to make another one.

I had a hard time deciding which size to make, since Grace is already wearing 9-12 month clothes and I anticipate that she’ll be wearing 12-18 month clothes this fall/winter. Since she wouldn’t be wearing the sweater for another 3 or 4 months, I decided on the 12-18 month size.

I used just under 2 skeins of KnitPicks Swish Tonal in Summer Blooms, a fun pink colorway with hints of orange and magenta. The yarn was so fun to knit with, and super soft. It’s perfect for kiddie knits!

I was about halfway finished when I realized it was going to be too big and instead of frogging, I decided to just finish it. I knew the pattern ran a tiny bit big. It even says so in the pattern introduction, but I didn’t anticipate just how much bigger! The finished sweater fits my 2.5 year old snuggly. She’s going to eventually fit into it, right?

I also made a few modifications to the pattern, including kitchnering the shoulder seams (instead of 3 needle bind off) and I used the purl bee attached i-cord tutorial instead of the pattern directions. Virtually the same result, but I like the purl bee finish better.

It only took a week to knit – one major reason I love knitting for babies and kids is the speed to FO!

Baby Cable Wrap


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________