To frog or not to frog?

I run into this problem more often than I would like to admit. Occasionally, I’ll run into a project that just isn’t working, or I don’t love it, and I’ll add it to the UFO (unfinished objects) pile to maybe someday pick up again. I generally know when to call it quits, but I have a tough time fully abandoning a knitting project. I put them in the pile, in hopes that I’ll get inspired to pick it up again and finish it.

I was looking for a specific circular needle last week that led me on an enlightening search through my UFO pile. It’s embarrassing. Hats, half a fingerless mitt, a cowl, socks, a sock blank, a shawl and some mystery UFO tangled beyond recognition. So, in effort to clean up my knitting closet, I decided it was time to start frogging.

I have to admit, it was still a little painful to rip out all of those stitches and re-wind the yarn. When I was done and my UFO box was empty (save the shawl, which I will fix & finish one of these days – promise!), I felt this sense of calm. I no longer had these looming “bad” projects hanging over my head. I am now free to knit the new and exciting things waiting in my queue. And I’ve reclaimed some pretty bad-ass yarn, too.

Maybe frogging isn’t so bad afterall.


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________