Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments about my Colorblock Shawl pattern. I really appreciate all of the support! Imagine my surprise when I discovered two really exciting things happened Friday on Ravelry - they now have 3 million members, and my pattern made it to "Hot Right Now"! I was (and still am) totally stunned. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


The Colorblock KAL is on and we are scheduled to cast on next Monday, March 18th! I hope this gives everyone enough time to select yarn. This is a great stash-busting project since the entire shawl requires less than 500 yards. Knowing that, I went rummaging through my stash to see what I wanted to use for the KAL and much to my surprise came up totally empty handed. I did discover that I have a ton of gray yarn. I really wanted to do something different than the first one, so I'll have to do some quick thinking. I purchased a few color combinations from my LYS over the weekend, but I haven't decided yet. I'm headed to the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival this weekend, so I may just buy yarn there.

As I mentioned last week, this KAL is going to be very flexible. I'll make a post once a week (each Monday) starting March 18th and ending April 12th where I'll post updates. I'm also planning to post updates to Instagram, so please follow along there as well. If you're on IG, you can use hashtag #colorblockKAL. If you'd like your WIP photo (or FO photo when we get there) featured in a post, please email it to me by Sunday of each week (be sure to leave either your Ravelry name or blog address so I can give proper credit!). For next week's post, feel free to email me about your yarn picks. I can't wait to get started!


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________