I can finally re-home that ill-fitting bright pink cabled Gap pullover because my Shifting is finished!



I couldn't be happier with the fit. I did make some modifications to the pattern to make it more tailored to my shape, including less stitches in the back, additional straight rows after the raglan increases before dividing for the sleeves, and additional length. Oh, and then there's the scoop neck. I mostly winged that. I've knit one scoop neck before. So, I kind of knew the proportions I wanted, but I wanted to knit the scoop while incorporating the cables in the best way possible. I didn't want partial cables coming out of the sides of the scoop. I took it one row at a time and did a lot of holding it up and squinting to make sure it was perfect. You can see all of my notes on how I did this on my project page


I did have some hiccups along the way though. Mostly the fact that out of my 5 skeins only 3 of them matched. The other two were noticeably darker and therefore created stripes when I tried to work them in. Not a good look. I also had this mess to contend with:


Due to the mismatched yarn, I ended up alternating 2 skeins on the sleeves, but was knitting from both ends of both cakes (instead of 4 separate smaller balls) and ended up with this tangled rats nest. The effort and tangles were definitely worth it though because the skeins blended really well together and I love my new sweater.

Project Details
Pattern: Shifting by Justyna Lorkowska
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Sport in Vintage Sari
Needles: US 4 (3.5mm) and US 6 (4.0mm)


2 Comments

  1. You did a brilliant job on making it fit you and I love that shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautifully! I love the tailored fit. And, alternating skeins worked like a charm! The sleeves look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________