After knitting all of that lace weight yarn for my mom's Featherweight, I needed to knit something in bulky weight. My hands needed a break from all the fine yarn and small needles, and my brain needed a quick project. I whipped up this amazingly soft, scrunchy, drapey, wearable cowl.

I wish that you could feel this pile of amazingness because it's the softest thing I have ever knit. The yarn was a dream to knit with and I can see myself wearing this cowl for the rest of the winter, without pause.


To knit your own Super Soft Seed Stitch Cowl follow the instructions below. The finished size is approximately 25 inches x 6 inches - just big enough to pull over your head without fiddling to wrap and loop it around. It's no muss, no fuss. Perfect for a quick Christmas gift, if still have things to finish (not that I know anything about that, nope, no way).

Materials:
1 skein Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca Chunky (I used color 565)
size 10.5 needle with a 24 inch cable
large stitch marker

Cast on 81 stitches
Place marker and join in the round, being careful not to twist stitches

Round 1: *k1, p1* repeat from *
Round 2: *p1, k1* repeat from *

Repeat rounds 1 and 2 for 6 inches, bind off in seed stitch.


Weave in ends and enjoy!








Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________