I guess you could say I have a thing for Hannah Fettig's designs. I've knit a few of her patterns already, and have several more in my queue for this year (I hope). Up first is a Calligraphy Cardigan. After all of my holiday knitting I wanted to do something for me. It just so happens that the Yarniacs Podcast Group on Ravelry is hosting a Self-Indulgent KAL from January 1 - March 10. Perfect timing!

I've picked Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Dahlia - a really pretty fuchsia-y color with some red and pink undertones (aren't I fantastic at describing things?). I bought the yarn at the end of November and sadly tucked it away while I finished my Christmas knitting. I let myself swatch for the sweater after I finished most of my Christmas knitting, but still wanted to finish ALL of it before casting on.

I cast on January 1 - new year, new sweater, right?


I'm making the 38.25 size because I really like positive ease. A lot. I just started the raglan increases last night and hope that I can separate for the sleeves today or tomorrow. After that it should be smooth sailing for a while.

I decided that it's going to be my birthday present to myself. My birthday is at the beginning of February and I think that I can finish it in a month. As a side note, I'm working on several other projects while this is on the needles. My sister requested a cowl, my sister-in-law requested a scarf and I have a surprise or two planned. So, January is shaping up to be a very busy month. Let's hope I don't get carpal tunnel by the 31st!


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________