Happy 2013! I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve! Yesterday was my daughter's first birthday, so we spent the day celebrating her and the new year.

2012 was an incredible year. In my personal life I had a baby (well, technically December 31, 2011, but we didn't come home until the 1st), really settled in to our new house, welcomed 6 chickens to our backyard, and adjusted to life with two kids. Knitting-wise I knit over 35 projects (that's approximately one every 10 days), knit my first adult sweater (and second), and learned to spin. I can't wait to see what 2013 has to offer!

Every year I set resolutions for the new year, and this year is no exception. I have the usual of blogging more, eating better, working out more, blah, blah, blah. I know you're thinking, "I'm here for the knitting, how is this relevant?" Truthfully, the majority of my resolutions are yarn/fiber/knitting/crochet related. I wouldn't be me without a list, so here we go in no particular order...

  • Blog more often - yes this is knitting related. In order to blog more, I'll need to knit more, or spin, or design or something fiber/stitching related. So, yeah, I want to do all of those things because I love them, but also because I want more to share with you! Ideally, I'll be posting once a week. I know most "real" bloggers post more frequently than that (and hopefully some day I'll get there), but right now, that sounds really ambitious to me. I have two toddlers that occupy nearly all of my time. That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for knitting, let alone taking pictures and blogging about it. 
  • Learn more about spinning, and spin more - You may remember my first foray into spinning. Unfortunately, that was the last time I touched my spindle. I really loved spinning, but with Christmas knitting, I didn't have enough time to really get in to it. 2013 is already shaping up to be a busy year, but I really want to dedicate time to spinning.
  • Become proficient in crochet - Before you get ahead of yourself, I'm not saying I'm trading in my needles for hooks. I learned to crochet when I was 5 or 6, and I've never really made anything beyond an afghan. Right now, I mostly use crochet to finish off my knitting if it needs a little something - a nicer finished edge, a flower, etc. I'd like to tackle one project, learn a bunch of stitches and call it good. 
  • Publish a pattern - This is the big one. I have about a million ideas rattling around in my head waiting to be written out. I can't wait to share them with you all! At some point, I'm sure I'll be asking for test knitters and/or tech editing help - so if you're interested, let me know!

As with any goals, I'm sure I'll be coming up with more goals throughout the year as I accomplish these, or need to modify them. I'll be posting updates on my resolutions as I check them off (see, there are more blog posts coming).

So, what are your 2013 resolutions (yarny or otherwise)? Anyone vowing to learn something totally new? Leave your resolutions in the comments below and we can encourage each other.



Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________