I'm a member of the Madelinetosh Lovers Group on Ravelry, which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. In 2012 they hosted quarterly "stashdowns" where you knit something from your MadTosh stash (has to be stashed prior to the quarter you knit it). About halfway through last year, I realized I had accumulated a ton of MT yarn and I should definitely join their Toshdown.

I entered my Featherweight in the Q3 Toshdown and I was shocked to win a prize! I was lucky enough to win a skein of Tosh DK Twist in Antique Quilt! I also won a pattern of my choice (I chose Gathering Stripes by Veera Välimäki, which I knit for Grace back in November).

I'd never knit with Twist DK before, so I was thrilled to receive some. The colorway is gorgeous - shades of dusty purple, pinks, blues, grays and even a tiny bit of brown. AH-MAZ-ING!


MT Twist DK Antique Quilt

MT Twist DK Antique Quilt

See what I mean? Gorgeous. I had NO idea what to do with it. I wanted something that would show how beautiful the yarn is without looking flat. The other problem is that it's just one skein - so it would have to be a small project. I debated a hat, but decided against it. I also debated using this for my Age of Brass and Steam, but thought that might compete with the yarn too much. I eventually decided that another (smaller) Honey Cowl would be perfect.

Antique Honey by knitwisepurlwise

I cast on 110 this time, instead of the 180 I did last time. I wanted something that I could just pull on without fussing about it. It came out even better than I anticipated. I finished it earlier this week and I've already worn it a few times. I LOVE it!

Antique Honey by knitwisepurlwise

Antique Honey by knitwisepurlwise

Happy Friday and happy knitting!


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________