First of all how is it March already?! 2013 needs to slow down a bit!

At 10 o'clock last night I had a fit of "I don't want to work on any of my current WIPs." So, I cast on for a Tiny Rocky Coast for Grace, my 14 month old daughter. Apparently, I can't get enough of Hannah Fettig's patterns. I wasn't planning to start this sweater just yet, since I have a few other WIPs with actual deadlines and a test knit in progress. I just can't resist the tiny knits! At least they're quick, right?



The only drawback (which really isn't that big of a deal) to knitting this now instead of in the fall is that she's going to grow over the summer. It's already March, and although it's currently snowing, hopefully the cold weather won't last much longer. Ideally, I want the sweater to fit now and next fall. However, all bets are off when it comes to kids and growth spurts. I'm planning to knit the size 2, which should give her plenty of growing room. Depending on how it looks as I'm knitting, I may opt to make the body and sleeves longer. It's so easy to turn up ribbed cuffs and making them longer will allow more room to grow. The nice thing about the Tiny Rocky Cost, like the adult version is that it's open in the front. So a perfect fit is less of an issue.



I got some Cascade Yarns Heritage sock yarn for my birthday that I'm planning to use. It's a deep plum color and will be so pretty on her. It's a superwash merino and nylon blend, which should be perfect for a kids' knit.

Is there a particular designer (or type of design) that you just can't get enough of? What are you working on? Any tiny knits? 

Happy knitting!


2 Comments

  1. I love the tiny rocky coast cardigan! Ant the dark violet you chose is going to be perfect for fall! I've been meaning to cast one on for my soon-to-be 15 month old, but it just hasn't happened yet. Maybe this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I was thinking with the dark purple, which I guess is good because I'm not sure how much wear she will really get out of it before it gets too warm. So fun that our daughters are so close in age! Let me know if you do start one - I'd love to follow your progress.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________