First, I wanted to say a quick hello to all of the new readers! Welcome!

Second, I've been working hard to make Knitwise, Purlwise more reader-friendly. I noticed that most of you read via an RSS reader (which is totally fine!), so you likely don't visit the site itself. Because of this, I wanted to point out a few new features in case you've missed them:



New Layout: Last week the blog got a total makeover. Now, I hope it's easier to read for those of you that visit the blog directly. There's a search bar in the upper right hand corner of the site, so if you ever need to find anything, you can. I also added an About Me page, a Contact form, and a page dedicated just to Knitspiration. You may notice that below each post there are now suggestions for other posts you might like.


Pin-it Button: I added a Pin-it button to every photo on the site. Just hover over the picture to make it appear in the upper right hand corner. Click the Pin heart and it will open a new window to allow you to pin the photo to your Pinterest boards directly.

Social Media Links: Links to my Pinterest, an RSS feed, BlogLovin', Twitter, Flickr and Instagram (there's also a feed of my most recent pictures) are always in the sidebar. I'm a bit of a social media junkie and welcome followers on any of those channels. 


Current Projects: I have thumbnails of all of my current projects listed in the sidebar. So if you're ever curious about what I'm working on, you can check it out. It also links to my Ravelry page.

Unrelated to the above, but I want to gauge interest - I'm finalizing my first pattern for release soon. It's a simple triangular shawl with colorblock details (you can see some previews on my Instagram feed) and the pattern will be offered for free on Ravelry. I'm thinking of hosting a month-long knit-a-long here on the blog. There would be a weekly post dedicated to it and I will link out to other blogs that are currently working on the project. Would you join in? 


5 Comments

  1. The layout is very nice, it's streamlined and easy to read. I may be interested in the KAL depending on timing. (Visiting from Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabriela! I hope you'll be able to join in the KAL.

      Delete
  2. Love the tune-up. Things look great and are really easy to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you've done with the place! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jenn Pfeiffer 2012-2013. Powered by Blogger.
______________